Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Conference Worth Attending

It was October of 2006, just one year after traveling to Japan, and my colleague, Dusty, and I were off to attend a National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) conference in Atlantic City, NJ. As hoped, the conference was great. We attended a bunch of interesting workshops, and on the second day, made our way to the booths.
It was here I met Bob and Sally. Sally is an associate with the company Search Associates. A company who works with international and American schools throughout the globe to place teachers. I remember walking by the booth and Bob calling out to me, “So, are you interested in teaching overseas?!”
We chatted for a good twenty minutes, and I left with excitement and a business card I kept on my coffee table for over a year and a half.

No comments: