Friday, August 22, 2008

A New Beginning

It took a bit of time, but I have arrived! More importantly, I arrived with all of my luggage!!
My apartment is really great. I have two furnished bedrooms, one and a half bathrooms, a quaint kitchen, and a spacious dining/living area. I also have some sort of 'bonus room' which appears to be used for laundry...I'm thinking disco ball. The apartment is on a corner and looks onto the busy streets below. I can listen to different music playing from the street out from different windows, and there is always the infamous 'Call to Prayer' announced from the Mosque just over a block from my house. It is busy, but I do enjoy it quite a bit!
The school is wonderful as well. My classroom is on the ground level, and I have a four row, staduim style seating patio area. I am so psyched to not only have windows, but an outdoor 'teaching arena' as well.
Sadly, my boxes have not arrived, so all the things I rushed to pack are still on a shipping container somewhere between here and Baltimore. Granted, so is everyone else's! Other than that, life has been very good here in Casa. There are many new faculty members, and all of us are getting along great. I'm happy to be working with some really great people!
The traffic here is rather crazy, and I learned that what I am seeing is only about half!! Many families holiday during July and/or August. It will be interesting to see the change when school begins....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post Steph. How close were we to your apartment when we google earthed Casablanca?

Chris said...

Hey Sneph, when do you start school?

We survived our first tropical storm....Welcome to Florida!!

Love ya Sneph,

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph. How do I put my avatar next to my name? Frost warning up here this morning. Hello to global warming!

Stephanie said...

Hi UG and Chris,
On google earth, if you locate the Twin Center, my apartment is close. School with students begins on September 1st. I have no idea how to put up an avatar. With the weather the two of you seem to be having, it appears I won't even see any snow for all of winter until I head back to the states!

Chris said...

Eh, it isn't that bad, just a tropical storm or two. Nothing like two feet of snow though!!

Having fun?